Interview of Kristen Steward and Nicolas Ghesquiere by MADAME FIGARO


Between the star and the fashion designer prodigy, was obvious. These two have growing rapport based on agreement of head, heart and support ... No wonder the artistic director of Balenciaga, has chosen to embody the beautiful picture Florabotanica, the new fragrance from the house.

Artistic confidence. There is animal terribly on this beautiful girl with green eyes and a deep voice, which belongs to the world. His appearance was not lost by Nicolas Ghesquiere, the artistic director of Balenciaga very sharp, she did not like to identify atypical or rebels (Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jennifer Connelly) and chose Stewart as his muse new fragrance for women,

Florabotanica, a baptismal name that refers to the botanical gardens of the eighteenth century, in which species live mixed the rarest and most exotic. Therefore, the concept of a fiery poison and enchanted garden, where Kristen is the lost princess. 

Interview with the two. Madame Figaro - Do you remember the first time they met?

Kristen Stewart - I remember like it was yesterday: it was on a photo shoot for a magazine with Bruce Weber, I was younger, had between 14 or 15 years.

I did some photo shoots, this does not mean that I was in my world. This is the first time I met one look like Nicolas and I identified with a brand, Balenciaga, of course. I had the intuition that we would meet again. At that time I knew nothing about fashion: at least people are able to quote Chanel, I do not, I knew nothing. I was very intimidated, I was neither a model nor a famous actress, and I was there in the middle of a fashion moment.

He ruled an energy level so contagious that I started to get in a comparable energy, which makes me love the session. Nicolas belongs to the first category, is extraordinarily applied. It is obvious: do not have to be seen with lights on his face when he looks at an outfit. Light emanates from him. Nicolas Ghesquiere - The best is when the clothes are incorporated.

When Kristen is wearing one of my creations, I can see that she takes office and then it all makes sense. When I first saw it, I immediately knew that she and I would share something. It was not clear, but I was sure of it. I was dying to see her again and I started sending signals: You can wear a costume? Did you see the current collection? This was the beginning of our dialogue.

You seem to be free spirits, each in their respective fields ...   

Kristen Stewart - We should be. Although what we really want to do, is not ashamed of who we are, we have a choice. Tell me, when I did it, I was like, I'm different now. It is useless to look in the mirror, go ahead. Criticized your work? For me, to do something positive and move on. I always had confidence in me, that does not mean I sleep on my laurels or I'm not mistaken.

Everything evolves is the life support to make you move. Nicolas Ghesquière - Ntherwise, for you and atrophy. Kristen Stewart - I hate this stagnant. We need to create, go to novelty. Even when we do not like.

Nicolas, as is resistance in the fashion world? Requires will power? 

Nicolas Ghesquiere - We are driven by a desire but do not know if that comes from the power or desire. After that, we work hard to make a difference, and the expectation face to face is great.

Freedom of expression is the price of this constant questioning. Kristen Stewart - Absolutely, he must constantly question, but not be afraid and do not lower their guard and surrender. Nicolas Ghesquiere. - In fashion, everything is excessive: either loves or hates, but there is no half measure, as there is never ... 

Do you have a dangerous job ... for nerves? 

Nicolas Ghesquiere - There obviously (work) more dangerous, but the risk is very permeable border between what we are and what we do. Kristen Stewart - Even with film. This is not normal, in relation to this trade cannibalizes our lives. For me, it never stops. So if I tell a story, I think they would make a good movie? Deep down all life and constantly takes me to the movies. Being an actress, is trying to understand.

This is what I try to do every day. So when a journalist asked me: "Does it hurt? Does that count? "I say," Yes, but it's so good!

It's easy to be yourself when under high pressure?

 Kristen Stewart - Yes, there are only challenges to maintain a line of conduct. Nicolas Ghesquière - Kristen and I started early, and when you start early, ripens faster: you have to fight harder to convince and so they can hear your point or view.

Kristen, you are now a creature of fashion?  

Kristen Stewart - I never had any problem with what I was wearing, even when it is rough and everyone notices. What I have seen, however, is a piece of clothing, even if you do not change, can make you understand things about yourself or you discover new territories.

The play is like a movie: an open door to a horizon. That's why fashion is fascinating and I appreciate that.  

Nicolas, you would say that Kristen is his muse?

Nicolas Ghesquiere - Much better than a muse! When an access of my clothes are valid, and I'm satisfied. Between us, there is a relationship and want to continue this conversation. Kristen Stewart - With Nicolas, I can participate, and that's what I want: to be active.  

Kristen, Forbes magazine gave him the first place in its ranking of the richest actresses of the year and therefore is the most powerful ...  

Nicolas Ghesquiere - This is promising! (He laughs). Picks and strong legitimacy, power, sensitivity ... I am! Kristen Stewart - The power? That means more responsibility and movement as nothing in life should remain stopped. I hope to be thoughtful and responsible. I do not lead a frivolous life, but I do not see how many players will be charity balls just to be seen! I do not want to spread, I want to be honest and invest in everything I do ... How the Forbes ranking: bullshit! (She laughs).

Nicolas Ghesquiere about Kristen: "She is brave, really brave. She has strong artistic choices, reflecting a radical. He embodies the creative freedom. And I can not speak of his charisma and beauty. She is an inspiration. "Kristen Stewart on Nicolas Ghesquiere : "She exudes calm him such strength, as well as invincibility and authenticity. I want to keep my eyes closed! "